The 2018 Spooktacular event will be held October 12-14, October 18-21, and October 26-31. For this year's event, we will be hosting open Character Meet-and-Greets on Thursday, September 13 from 5:00 pm to 7:30 pm and on Saturday, September 15 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:30 pm. at the Jacksonville Zoo & Gardens Education Campus. The minimum age to participate for characters is 14 years old and for scare actors the minimum age is 18 years old.
Orientations will be held on Saturday, September 22 from 2:00 pm to 3:30 pm and Wednesday, September 26 from 6:00 pm to 7:30 pm also at the Education Campus. Please RSVP for an Orientation by clicking here. Actors only need to attend one Character Meet-and-Greet and one Orientation date. If you are under the age of 18, one parent or guardian must accompany you to Orientation.
See below for additional information and a full character listing. For a downloadable version, please click here.
If you have a corporate, social or service group of 10 – 20 people that would like to help with Spooktacular, let us know! We are registering volunteer groups for the following:
· Be a “Carnie” in the traditional fall festival style activity area on the Great Lawn. Volunteers will assist children in the maze, direct guests and assist with fun fall festival games! Maximum 20 people. Minimum age is 14.
· Be a Candy Attendant in our Candy Loop throughout Play Park. Fairytale Kingdom themed areas will hold 6 candy stations where attendants will pass out the candy and assist in the queue line. Maximum 20 people. Minimum age is 14.
To book your group, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
us for our latest and greatest community event, Pumpkin Painting!
Come help us paint pumpkins that will be used as decorations throughout the Zoo during Spooktacular!! This one-night volunteer event is open to anyone who is at least 10 years old and has pre-registered. All painting materials will be provided so come prepared to get messy! We highly recommend wearing clothes you don’t mind getting paint on as we will be using non-washable paint.
When: Tuesday, October 2, 2018, 5:00 – 8:00 pm
Where: Jacksonville Zoo & Garden’s Parking Lot (near Picnic Grove)
370 Zoo Parkway, Jacksonville, FL 32218
1) All participants ages 10 - 16 must be accompanied by an adult. Minimum one adult chaperone per 5 minors.
2) Liability forms for all minors (17 & younger) must be signed by a parent/guardian.
3) Spaces are limited. Each individual person must pre-register & sign a liability form to participate.
Sign-up to participate.
We will have the liability form available at the event. If you wish to download and sign the liability form to bring with you, you may do so .