Outdoor Explore! Is the Jacksonville Zoo’s new family nature club. Each month we meet in a different location to explore the green spaces around our city and interact with the natural world! Outdoor Explore! is intended for children in 2nd-5th grade and their siblings of all ages!
Giving your child the opportunity to play outside is a precious gift with many positive benefits. Nature play helps kids to:
* Build resilience * Be observant and focus attention
* Boost academic performance * Enhance creativity, critical thinking, problem solving
* Develop the use of senses * Develop self-control
* Develop respect for all living things * Discover and understand feelings
* Develop social skills * Practice risk taking and risk assessment
CLICK HERE for our more information about Outdoor Explore!
Questions? Email our Nature Play Leader, The Green Spectacle at GreenSpectacle@jacksonvillezoo.org
Play Schedule:Outdoor Explore! meets once a month at different locations around Jacksonville to participate in imaginative play and nature exploration as a family. Outings last from 10am-12pm. Below are the club days for the coming year.
Our May outing will be at the Jacksonville Arboretum and Gardens - CLICK HERE to register!
This month we will be collecting bugs along the nature trails! We provide the nets, tweezers, and specimen jars!
|2018||September 1st||2019||January 5th|
|October 13th||February 2nd|
|November 17th||March 9th|
|December 1st||April 13th|